Friday, March 2, 2012

it's been a little while...

Been a little while since I have posted something, life gets too crazy sometimes! 

I've spent the past week recovering from the stomach flu. yuck. Definitely made me realize that:
a) I'm not invincible
b) I have an absolutely amazing boyfriend. Period.
c) My room is pretty far from the bathroom
d) Tinsley can only be relaxed for 1 day and then she becomes psycho
e) It's hard to watch Friday Night Lights when sleeping every other episode
f) Vanilla milkshakes aren't always what's best
g) My co-workers are awesome.

All-in-all, I'm on the mend and despite some exhaustion, lack of appetite and dehydration. It's amazing how much is missed at work when you have 2+ days off. Phew, didn't think it was possible for an athletic trainer to miss so much, but it's a great thing everyone I work with is understanding and supportive.

Tomorrow I leave for spring break. Wooohoo! Right? Well, it's a work spring break trip.... I'll be with our track and field team in Savannah, GA - Panama City Beach, FL - Fultondale, AL. And then, we make the lovely 24 hour trip back to Michigan, in 15 passenger vans. So lucky :)

The other interesting fact that I have recently discovered is that Panama City Beach, FL is THE spot for college spring breaks. Awesome. So much for my relaxing poolside vacation? I'm picturing laying by the pool with my headphones on while college kids dance and make out all around me. At least I'll get a sunburn? I mean suntan?

At any rate, I am excited to get to know the team and coaches a little better, help them compete the best that they can, and get some sun! While it'll be a work trip, I am sure I'll find some time for some much needed relaxation (I hope) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment