Tuesday, January 24, 2012

motto of the day: keep calm and carry on



well, as I sit here on hour 12 of my work day I am hoping to wrap up the day with a bit of reflection on my life and all of the events that take place every day.

it is seeming to be more and more common that I have days like today where all I can tell myself is to "keep calm and carry on". I am getting SICK of these kinds of days but I am hoping that I will be able to look back and laugh at all that I have gone through.

I think it's amazing to think about the different types of people that I interact with every day. Here are my broad descriptions of those people: abrasive, self-centered, annoying, negative, shy, ignorant, cocky.

I don't necessarily like this list as it's pretty darn negative. I know there's good people out there and there's definitely good people that I come in contact with every day, but today's just the day that strikes that negative chord. Bummer, but truthful.

Keep Calm and Carry On Collage Art Poster PrintSometimes I wonder what some people's motive is.... what motivates someone to be who they are? Do people know when they are described as "abrasive, self-centered, annoying, negative, shy, ignorant, cocky"? I know that there are definitely days (like today) that I can be defined as something not so negative, but I don't think it is the overwhelming thought when people try to describe me.... well, I hope not.

So, the motto for the day today is "keep calm and carry on" I decided I wanted to get the daily calendar for "keep calm and carry on" .... apparently it's $35, I think I can look up motivational quotes each day for free. I did find this poster on www.amazon.com that I LOVE and have considered ordering.... It'd look great in my office, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, living room....pretty much anywhere I need motivation.


Additionally - I have some other big news, that will probably be "announced"/"discussed" later but I have made a decision that's a great one. Before the "KCACO" motto infiltrated my day, I was motivated by this:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
  —Proverbs 3:5-6


If that's not the truth, then I don't know what is.


No comments:

Post a Comment