Monday, January 16, 2012

Sibling Rivalry

When my parents got married - my aunts and uncles destroyed their house... moved around all the furniture, took out all the light bulbs, took all the labels off the cans, etc. It ended up causing a "sibling rivalry war" that went on for many many years until it was called off when my dad perhaps jumped the line with putting my aunt and uncle's house on the market (for a very low price) the weekend of their daughter got married.

Well, magically, when my brother and now sister-in-law got married on October 1, 2011 (see picture below) they came home to a disheveled house. For some reason, the jerks seem to think that I was the one that did it, yet I was in the wedding.

For Christmas, I received 30 wrapped cans (all with the labels off) and some of them had gift cards on them. Instead of throwing away the cans, I have decided to be as creative as possible and make some delicious feasts with the "Christmas Mystery Cans".

Here is the start of what I have created:


1/14/11: Mike and I had a great dinner planned of Chicken Cordon Bleu, mashed potatoes, and a "mystery can". The first can I pulled out expired in 2007 and was quickly thrown in the trash. The second can was opened and it was......


Chickpeas!!!

Well, those were thrown into the fridge and saved til last night and I made roasted chickpeas! All the recipes I have found online and through Pinterest involved cajun seasonings, and I am not a spice kinda gal... so I used some garlic and a seasoning blend and they are delicious!

I drained the can, threw in some olive oil and mixed them around. Then I sprinkled some of the seasoning blend and garlic until I felt they were covered enough. Oven was pre-heated to 350 and I cooked them for about 30 minutes (they probably should have stayed in a little longer but I was tired at 11pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment